New Acura Campaign: a Thrill Ride Across Acura Multiverse
Acura has kicked off its latest campaign – New World.Same Energy. – taking viewers on a fast-paced journey across the Acura multiverse.
The new action-packed 60-second spot celebrates Acura performance and includes a first look at the brand’s all-electric future.
The multi-channel New World. Same Energy. brand campaign showcases Acura’s high performance products, including glimpse of the highly anticipated 2024 Acura Integra Type S driven by anime racing hero, Chiaki, of Chiaki’s Journey fame, as well as the all-electric Acura Precision EV Concept that previews the styling of the zero-emissions 2024 Acura ZDX and ZDX Type S. Acura is committed to continuing to put the driver experience first in the electrified future.
“Our high-energy new Acura brand campaign is all about the fun our customers experience behind the wheel of our products,” said Meliza Humphrey, senior manager of Acura Marketing. “As Acura moves toward our all-electric future, we want our current customers and next-generation buyers alike to know we are taking on this new world with electrified offerings they will love to drive.”
The New World. Same Energy. campaign will have a robust presence at the upcoming Sundance Film Festival in Park City, where Acura returns for a 13th consecutive year as a Presenting Sponsor and Official Vehicle of the Festival and be featured throughout the March college basketball championship tournament. The campaign will run through the spring across digital and social media platforms.
New World. Same Energy. Multiverse Details
Brought to life by director Dave Meyers and set to a soundtrack by Mötley Crüe’s Live Wire, the Acura New World. Same Energy. brand campaign evokes a visceral and emotional reaction as viewers get to know Acura’s lineup of Precision Crafted Performance vehicles. The six dynamic worlds within the campaign’s Acura multiverse, include:
- Future-verse: 2023 TLX Type S, the best performing Acura sedan ever, and the all-new, next-gen 2023 Integra compact sport sedan, challenge a hyper-futuristic tech world.
- Joneses-verse: 2023 MDX Type S, the performance variant of Acura’s flagship, is front and center, accelerating through a world of similarity – it is so much more than keeping up with the Joneses.
- Lunar-verse: 2023 RDX, Acura’s most premium, performance-focused and technologically sophisticated 5-passenger SUV ever, prepares for launch.
- Anime-verse: Acura’s favorite anime racing hero, Chiaki, and the 2024 Integra Type S charge up a snowy Pikes Peak Hill Climb. The high-performance Integra Type S arrives this summer.
- Racer-verse: Powering through the live-action racing universe is Acura’s new ARX-06 electrified race car that debuts in competition later this month at the 24 Hours of Daytona, seeking a three-peat victory.
- EV-verse: The campaign’s multiverses converge and their Acura energy culminates in a spark that unlocks the stunning futuristic world of the Acura Precision EV Concept, which previews the performance brand’s future design language as it prepares to enter the electrified era in 2024 with the ZDX and ZDX Type S SUVs.
The Company’s Path to an All-Electric Future
In April 2021, Honda global CEO Toshihiro Mibe outlined the company’s vision for global sales of electrified vehicles as part of Honda’s strategy to achieve carbon neutrality for its products and corporate activities by 2050. This vision called for 100 percent of the company’s North American sales to be battery-electric and fuel-cell electric vehicles by 2040.
Acura’s first all-electric model, the 2024 ZDX and ZDX Type S performance variant, will feature many of the styling themes that debuted on the Acura Precision EV Concept during Monterey Car Week last August. The 2024 Acura ZDX and ZDX Type S will be officially unveiled in 2023.