2022 Acura RDX Technology, Drive Dynamics, and PMC Edition
Along with a redesigned exterior and interior, the 2022 Acura RDX also got a few upgraded tech and drive dynamics.
For 2022, RDX adds an impressive list of leading-edge connectivity features to its standard equipment list, including wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, a USB-C charging port, and Amazon Alexa Built-In. With Alexa Built-In, drivers can ask Alexa to navigate to a specific address or point of interest, play music, make calls, listen to audiobooks, check the weather, control smart home devices, find parking and more. Additionally, the RDX’s 7-inch full color instrument display now includes a digital speedometer.
Also new for 2022 is a Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging and IconicDrive LED ambient lighting as part of the Technology Package. First offered on the 2021 TLX, Acura’s IconicDrive system allows the driver to select between one of the 27 distinct ambient lighting color combinations, including 24 inspired by the world’s greatest destination sand racetracks. A rear camera washer is also now included as part of the Technology Package.
The Advanced Package model gains power-folding side mirrors and remote engine start with expanded range 2-way LED feedback on the all-new key fob. In-vehicle charging is improved with the addition of a 12-volt power outlet in the cargo area on Advanced Package models.
Improved Driving Dynamics
Refinements to RDX’s standard Integrated Dynamics System (IDS) noticeably improve the driving experience and allow the driver to better customize the SUV’s dynamics to match a wider range of conditions. The updated system now features four more distinct drive modes (Normal, Comfort, Sport and Snow) which are selected by turning the Dynamic Mode Dial prominently mounted in the center of the dash.
Each mode now features more distinct programming of the Electronic Power Steering (EPS), throttle and Active Sound Control (ASC). With the available Technology Package, the Integrated Dynamics System also changes the color of the IconicDrive™ LED ambient lighting. In addition, Acura has improved the 2022 RDX’s brake pedal feel by retuning its Electronic Brake Booster (EBB).
Advance Package models also feature an updated Adaptive Damper System (ADS) with more recognizable ride and handling characteristics across the four modes, improving both ride quality and response throughout the range.
- In the default Normal mode, drivers experience an ideal balance between the ride comfort and isolation of Comfort mode and the responsive and sporty handling of Sport mode. Normal mode features a default white interior ambient lighting scheme
- Retuned for a more relaxed driving experience, Comfort mode lightens the feel of the Electronic Power Steering and adjusts the throttle for smooth starts. The Active Sound Control minimizes engine sounds, and the ambient interior lighting defaults to a soothing blue. The ADS on Advance Package is tuned softer than before for a more comfortable and isolated ride without sacrificing body control
- The most aggressive setting, Sport mode tunes the EPS and throttle for more immediate response. For an even more thrilling driving experience, the ASC also has been retuned for a sportier engine sound, and the ambient interior lighting defaults to a sporty red. To improve handling, the RDX with Advance Package has been given new more aggressive ADS tuning, while the A-Spec® with Advance Package features its own unique ADS tuning to better match and maximize the performance of its 20-inch tires
- Snow mode uses a gentle throttle profile to help maintain traction in slippery conditions, and the softer suspension profile from Comfort mode.
RDX A-Spec® Expands Up the Lineup
For 2022, RDX customers can now spec the A-Spec sport appearance package with either the feature rich Technology Package or the line-topping premium features of the Advance Package, further expanding the RDX’s appeal upmarket.
- Gunmetal finished Diamond Pentagon grille and fog-light trim
- Gloss-black grille surround
- Lower intake, door, window, and headlight trim
- A-Spec badges on the front fenders and liftgate
- Gloss-black taillight trim and more aggressive fascia
- Round gloss-black exhaust finishers
- 15-spoke 20-inch wheel design in Shark Gray (Advanced A-Spec)
- Flat bottom steering wheel
- Metallic interior trim
- Contrast stitching
- Red interior option
- Orchid leather interior option
New Long Beach Blue PMC Edition
The fifth Acura model to be built at Acura’s Performance Manufacturing Center (PMC), the new 2022 RDX PMC Edition will be offered exclusively in vibrant Long Beach Blue Pearl paint. Shared only with the NSX supercar, the striking color salutes North America’s most iconic street race – the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach. Hand-crafted alongside the 600 hp Acura NSX Type S at the PMC in Ohio, it will be Acura’s most exclusive PMC edition yet – limited to just 200 hand assembled units. Each 2022 RDX PMC Edition will be individually numbered with a serial plaque on the center console denoting the special edition.
The RDX PMC Edition also stands out with a body-color grille surround and a gloss-black Diamond Pentagon grille. The door handles, outside mirrors, roof and roof antenna also are gloss-black, along with the A-Spec badges on the front fenders and the Acura, RDX and A-Spec badges on the tailgate. The PMC Edition rolls on Berlina Black 20-inch wheels with an elaborate 15-spoke design, and its large round exhaust outlets are finished in a unique dark chrome.
Inside, all 2022 RDX PMC Editions feature the new Orchid interior color with blue contrast stitching to reflect the exclusive exterior color. Premium PMC Edition floor mats also are included. PMC Editions are contented with all available Advance Package premium features including the Head-Up Display (HUD), Surround View Camera, Rear Outboard Heated Seats, and 16-way power front seats with adjustable side bolsters.
The assembly process of every RDX PMC Edition begins with the delivery of the body-in-white from the East Liberty Auto Plant which produces RDX. Once the five-day paint process is finished, the Acura’s most skilled master technicians hand assemble each PMC Edition, which then undergo the same quality control process as the NSX before being wrapped in a specially designed car cover and transported to a dealer via an enclosed car carrier.