2022 Acura RDX: New Styling, More Features, New Paint Color
The 2022 Acura RDX features refined styling, a dramatically quieter cabin, and a retuned suspension making it the most dynamic, comfortable, and refined 5-passenger SUV in Acura history.
The 2022 RDX made its debut at the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach in striking Long Beach Blue Pearl paint. The 2022 RDX lineup expands with the availability of a new top trim that combines the sporty style of the highly popular RDX A-Spec® with the premium features of the Advance Package.
The 2022 RDX will begin arriving at Acura dealers nationwide in early November.
A limited-production 2022 RDX PMC Edition will be available at launch. Each 2022 RDX PMC Edition will be adorned exclusively in a stunning Long Beach Blue Pearl exterior paint with Orchid Milano leather interior. With production limited to just 200 units, it will be Acura’s most exclusive PMC Edition yet.
“RDX has been an incredible success for Acura, with more than half a million sold since it was first introduced in 2006,” said Emile Korkor, assistant vice president of Acura National Sales. “The new 2022 RDX is the best it has ever been and further proof of Acura’s commitment to deliver exciting premium performance products based on our unique DNA.”
RDX’s turbocharged 272-horsepower 2.0-liter VTEC® 4-cylinder is one of the most powerful standard engines in its class. It’s paired with a smooth and responsive 10-speed automatic with standard Sequential SportShift paddle shifters. Acura’s signature Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) with true torque vectoring is available on all RDX grades and standard on the Advance Package and PMC Edition.
So, What’s New?
- New sporty and dynamic exterior design inspired by MDX flagship SUV
- RDX A-Spec® now available with the Advance Package
- Extensive refinement updates, including an enhanced Active Sound Control (ASC) system, reduce road noise and increase cabin quietness on all RDX models
- New tech features include standard Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration and Amazon Alexa Built-In, and available Qi-compatible Wireless Charging
- Acura IconicDrive™, part of the Technology Package, offers 27 unique interior lighting color combinations including 24 inspired by iconic driving destinations around the world
- Updated Integrated Dynamics System delivers more distinct driving feel between its four driving modes
- Retuned available Adaptive Damper System delivers more response in Sport mode, more comfortable ride in Comfort mode
- Flat bottom sport steering wheel now included on RDX A-Spec®
- Advance Package models gain Power-Folding Side Mirrors
- New RDX PMC Edition features Long Beach Blue Pearl paint from the NSX Type S, Orchid interior and exclusivity with production limited to just 200 units
- AcuraWatch™ now includes enhanced blind spot information with Acura-first Lane Change Assist, Rear Seatbelt Reminder and Front and Rear Low Speed Braking Control
Refined Exterior Design
The Diamond Pentagon front grille of the 2022 RDX features a new thinner, more sophisticated chrome surround. With broad aggressive forms and a larger air intake, its new front fascia is similar to MDX and makes the RDX appear wider and more powerful. LED fog lights, which are standard on A-Spec and Advance Package models, as well as the PMC Edition, are highlighted by a new chrome trim.
For a more distinct appearance from the rear, the 2022 RDX receives a reshaped rear fascia with cutouts for the new sophisticated rectangular dual exhaust finishers. The RDX A-Spec® continues to stand out with large-diameter round exhaust finishers in a gloss black finish.
All RDX models come with either 19-inch or 20-inch alloy wheels. RDX features a 19-inch 10-spoke design standard, while RDX with Technology Package wears similar wheels with a machined face and Pewter Gray accents.
The RDX with Advance Package features a sporty new 5-spoke machined finish 19-inch wheel design. RDX A-Spec models are equipped with 20-inch alloy wheels with Shark Gray finish.
On the RDX A-Spec with Technology Package, a Shark Gray split-five-spoke design is used, while the new-for-RDX A-Spec with Advance Package features an all-new 15-spoke wheel design.
All 2022 RDX models are available in a new Liquid Carbon Metallic, while Phantom Violet Pearl is offered on RDX models equipped with the Technology and Advance Packages. Also new for the Advance Package-equipped models are power-folding exterior mirrors.
Premium Interior Design
For a more premium experience, the 2022 RDX receives extensive updates to reduce road noise in the cabin. A new front fender liner reduces road noise and the Active Sound Control (ASC) system has been enhanced to further cancel exterior sounds from polluting the interior ambiance. The engine’s cold idle speed also has been reduced from 1100 rpm to 950 rpm, and two-wheel drive models adopt a new lower torque rod to quell engine vibrations.
Included with the Technology Package is a new, thicker carpet padding. The front doors receive a new sound insulator, plus acoustic glass to further reduce road and wind noise. A new and thicker noise insulation pad in the dash reduces engine noise further, and a new insulator in the D pillar further reduces road noise.
Advance Package models feature the quietest cabin in RDX history. This is achieved with an additional sound insulator in the ceiling, and even more sound insulation added to the dash, under the hood and over the drivetrain tunnel. The rear doors also receive an insulator and acoustic glass. In the cargo area, the cargo bins now feature sound insulation, and the rear hatch inner covering has additional sound deadening materials.
Genuine aluminum trim on the doors, dash and center console is standard on RDX. New for 2022 is an upscale and unique bronze finish applied to the aluminum, available exclusively on RDX models equipped with the Saddle Brown interior. Advance Package models feature open-pore real wood trim in these areas.